JUNE BLOG- Note from Pastor Mark
A COUPLE WEEKS AGO WE HAD A FLOOD in our sanctuary. And then I personally witnessed another flood! But not the water kind. We had a flood of the glory of God through the attitudes and actions of practically everyone in our church! To glorify God means to give others the right opinion of God. The Scripture that comes to mind is;
“Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it for the glory of God.” [emphasis mine] 1 Corinthians 10:31, Holy Bible, New Living Translation (NLT)
▪ I saw God’s mercy as people selflessly responded to the accident.
▪ I heard God’s holiness in words and tones used in the midst of the mess.
▪ I saw God’s patience in our people as the situation went from bad to worse.
▪ I heard God’s truthfulness as we interacted with our neighbors (who were also affected by the water).
▪ I saw God’s faithfulness as people continued to rally after the worst was over.
▪ I saw God’s grace. Not once did the pastors of the other churches become harsh, unreasonable or demanding even though ALL services were disrupted.
Jay, John, Gina, Penni, Steve, Wendy and JC, you led well. I saw God being glorified in each of you. For the many others not named, you are the reason I wrote this piece. I saw God’s glory in so many.
I remain grateful,